Friday, November 8, 2013

TBH


To be honest, I’d almost forgotten about this blog since I’ve been working on Checklist Jesus for the past 2 years.  However, I think it’s important to complete this work, because the Lord has done such a good job completing it for me.  

When I began this project in 2009, I was aware of the fact that I needed to have an overall outline in mind so that I wouldn’t wander all over the place in my attempt to share this message.  The final “chapter” in this project is a section called, “Allow Yourself to be Healed.”  This was were the journey stopped for me as far as this blog goes, and now that I look back on it, it stopped there for a reason.  I was not ready to be healed, nor was I aware of how healing could even take place after such a difficult time at the church where I was serving.  

Today is a different story.

The Lord has shared great mercy, kindness, and patience with me over the past two years in ministry, and has chosen to deliver me from the bitterness and anger that I harbored.  The next few posts in this blog will be about how the Holy Spirit has brought me to a place of healing.  

I am reminded of Psalm 23, and how the promise of protection and healing is nothing new for the God we serve

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
    He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment